Practical Uses For Hydrogen Peroxide
This was written by Becky Ransey of
and I want
to share it with
you. Becky writes:
"I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little ole
bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store.
My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most
doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and
hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when
I bathe or shower.)
No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive
pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.
2. Let your toothbrushes soak a cup peroxide to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and
leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you
wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to
kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. I had fungus on my feet for years -- until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture
of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes
several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal
with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
8. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and
keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic
system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
9. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture
whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to
kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into
10. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right
away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten
minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
11. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray
the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it
through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the
hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a
light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so
it's not a drastic change.
12. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils,
fungus, or other skin infections.
13. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of
whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing,
pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub
it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
14. Use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, there is no smearing, which
is why I love it so much for this.
I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be
without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a
way to save money and something that works....